TITLE: Choir Director
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Permanent part-time, 15-20 hours per week.
PURPOSE: Provide music direction for Sunday services and other church
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Choir Director shall report to the Pastor and be a member of the Session Worship Committee.
• Direct adult choir at rehearsal and 11 a.m. worship on Sundays.
• Direct two hand bell choirs for participation in worship.
• Attend choral and bell music reading sessions to select and purchase
• Work with staff and volunteers to plan children and youth musical
• Secure instrumentalists and other musicians to accompany the choir or to
provide music in the absence of the choir.
• Secure a qualified substitute in the director’s absence.
• Catalog and file music.
• Provide music for seasonal and special services held at the church, as
requested by the Pastor and/or Worship Committee.
Assist Pastor, Organist, and Worship Committee in the general planning of
quality church music program in keeping with the church’s mission.
Evaluation at least annually by the Pastor and Session Personnel